Sunday, January 15, 2006

Handyman


Stuff breaks. And when it does someone has to fix it.

The word "Handyman" dates back to 1872 and is defined as a person who is competent in a variety of small skills or inventive or ingenious in repair or maintenance work - also called a "handyperson". I have never been very handy, mostly because I have never been around anyone who really was. I never had a good teacher.

I enjoy doing it when I know how. I like doing it myself. And if I think I can figure it out, I am willing to try. This week the faucet over our kitchen sink broke. It had to be replaced. So I spent Friday night, installing a new one. And I was successful. It really feels good when I am able to figure it out and get it done.

And then earlier in the week, our main line to the alley got stopped up. And I
figured out how to un-stop it without having to call a plumber.

So mark up a couple wins for the un-handy man.

Yall be careful out there....Ric

No comments:

Post a Comment