Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving


What a year. Some pain. So many decisions. So much hurt. And Happiness like never known. Whole new experiences. Amazing people walked in. Some walked out.

And most of all, a lady that stood by me in EVERYTHING. I don't know how I would manage without her...

I am thankful for the lessons, even if learned the hard way.

I'm thankful for my friends - the old ones who have stuck around, and the new ones who dare to venture into my circle.

I'm thankful for Dallas....everytime I leave town, it always feels good to get back home.

I'm thankful for the web for giving me an amazing outlet and the ability to connect with people all over the world. People like you.

If you are like me, this holiday conjures up memories or anticipation of such traditions as the huge Thanksgiving meal with cranberry sauce. I love carving the turkey. Sometimes we travel "over the river and through the woods" to celebrate with our families — this year they are coming to us. I of course look forward to the Cowboys game. When I can, I get the kids in the yard to play some ball. It's been that way all my life.

I think it is my favorite holiday. No stuff to buy. No pressure. Just good company, good food and good fun.

But at some point I find myself all alone, with time to reflect and to really be
thankful.

Thank you. Jesus. My partner & My Lady. My family. My friends. My work.

This year - I LIVED.

No comments:

Post a Comment