Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mom


Mother

You took care of me when I was little
and watched over me all these many years.
You have always lifted me back up and sent me on my way,
dispelling all my worries, my doubts and my fears.

You always knew how to make me feel special,
It was more than just being a mother, it was you just being you.
It's never been enough to just say I Love You,
cause that could never repay all the things you do.

I have thanked the Lord for you a hundred million times,
No one knew how much you were on my mind.
I've dreamed of miracles and having special powers,
to somehow return the love and pay you back in kind.

You have always been my hero,
You have always stood so tall.
Most everyone thinks their mom is best,
But in my eyes you have surpassed them all.

You loved, you forgave countless times,
And you molded me into the man you knew I could be.
After all these years, you are still just so amazing,
I am overwhelmed at just what you see in me.

I thank you for the smile you always have for me,
I thank you for the words, you always know what to say.
With a heart overflowing with love and respect,
I send you greetings and thankyou's Mom, on this another
Mother's Day.

by Ric Justiss

No comments:

Post a Comment