Friday, August 1, 2008


I am a word person, I like words, both written and spoken. There is nothing more powerful, I believe, than the right words spoken at the right time. Sometimes I write words, sometimes speak them publicly, which means they are either read or heard, they somehow go out into the air. I try to have words to share that are encouraging and uplifting and loving, but Remember: even if my words touch your heart, having said them or written them gives me no special credits in heaven. My life is what matters, as is yours.


My life is my word, and it is my choice to bring good or ill with it- with my life, and not just my words.


I hope, yes, I do, to be able to bring my little estate of goodness to the world to share it. And who knows, it just might prime a pump that starts a larger process, and things might begin to become what they ought to have been.


We have far too many words these days between blogs and newspapers and the Internet and TV and radio. Maybe a vow of silence would be in order. I've often wondered about communication without words. What if we could not speak? How would we communicate the timeless truths? How could we communicate affection? How could we tell people we are in love, or angry or hurt?


I use words, I have to, but I also have to live them. Talk is cheap. It is not enough to say I love you. If he or she really does love you, you will know by their actions, regardless of what their words say.


Wishing you the best....Ric

No comments:

Post a Comment