Monday, September 22, 2008

Autumn


The Fall season is here. I love the crisp air, the lovely rich colors…everything about Fall. Crisp, cool and absolutely beautiful. Here are just a few of the things that makes it the best season of the year for me:


1-The beautiful colors. It feels like our Heavenly Father paints a special picture just for me.

2-The smells. I don't know why but fall air smells different. At night especially. It has a crisp and almost smokey smell, almost like a fire is burning in the distance.

3-Of course football. I love our cowboys and I also love the sounds of a high school football game in the distance (especially marching bands and announcers on the tiny loudspeakers.)

4-The stores are always so fun with all their decorations and smells. It is a festive time. I like it.

5- I Love the cooler weather. It is so nice after a brutal Texas summer. But the Fall is so nice because we can wear our sweaters, jackets and sweatshirts without sweating. And my sweetie looks so good in her sweaters!!

6-And there are the fun holidays….Halloween and Thanksgiving. And although Christmas technically falls in the Winter, much of the parties and activities leading up to it immediately follow Thanksgiving and to me seem more a part of this season.

7- New TV shows are back! While summer gives us the goodness known as Big Brother, Fall brings us a plethora of new entertainment as well as the return of favorite shows.

8- PumpkinPumpkin flavors aboud - Pumpkin pie, pumpkin muffins, pumbkin bread - all of them are DELICIOUS!

9- I am reminded of the special Hope that fills my heart. As I watch things die, I am not dismayed, because I know they will return. The season reminds me that there is life after death.

10- Love. I’m not sure if it is just my imagination, but there seems to be more Love in the air. People are nicer, friendlier and just generally more pleasant. But who wouldn’t be with all the goodness in their lives at this time of the year.


May the new season bring you many blessings……Ric

No comments:

Post a Comment