Thursday, January 15, 2015

Best Wife Ever

I wanted to write down some things here that I wanted to say to you, my darling wife. I just want you to know how much you mean to me.  In case I don't say it enough or show it enough, you should know the feelings in my heart for you.

First, I would do anything to be your everything. I love coming home to you.  I love knowing you are there waiting for me to get home.  I love that kiss when I see you and I love that kiss when I have to go to work in the morning.  Just this morning as I was leaving for work I woke you only to kiss you and say goodbye and you whispered back, I love you too.  That is everything I need to go out and face the day, the boss and the job.  I love how you appreciate that too and tell me so.  I know you give your very best for us, and I am proud to do the same.

I love your smile.  I love to see you happy.  I love it when we both find the same things funny.  We laugh and laugh.  It is one of the best parts of my day to see you smile.  Your smile is one of the things I love the most about you.  I love your eyes.  I can read them so well.  I don't even have to ask, I can see in your eyes when you are in pain and when you are feeling good.  I can see in your eyes when you are excited and when you are sad. Your eyes are the prettiest I have ever seen.

I fell in love with your courage so long ago.  You fight through more pain and struggles each day.  I see you fight through it, I see you try to hide it, and  I see you try to put your best foot forward each day and the courage it takes each day to do all of that is simply a lot.  You are awesome and I know it.  I know how brave you are.  Everyone else doesn't see it first hand but I do.  The battle is hard and I am amazed at your strength, bravery and courage to stand up to the fight day in and day out.

I appreciate your honesty and sincerity.  I love knowing how you are who you say you are.  People everywhere love you so much and I think that is probably the virtue people admire the most about you. I do love how everyone can see that about you. My heart rests comfortably each day knowing it trust safely in you.

I believe is us.  Things go bad sometime.  We have struggles like everyone else.  But there is no one else I would rather have by my side to fight against the world.  If it is us against the world, I am good with that.  I love the battles won together and the miracles we have been privileged with.

I love how you take up for the ones you love.  I see how you are always quick to step up and defend me or any of the kids.  Even if any of us do something stupid, you will find a way to defend us with an unrivaled passion to the world. Your love for us is our strength.

I love your patience and understanding.  You have grown in patience so much since we met.  I love how you talk to me and work with me even when you may be internally so frustrated.  You have grown so much in this area and if this was all I was considering, this alone might make you one of the most amazing people in the world.

I love your touch.  When you hold my hand, touch my face or hug me it renews my strength, it revives my spirit and lifts me up higher than the mountains. There is magic in your touch.  I love it so much.

I love how you love our home and all that you do to make it a wonderful home. And that is a lot.

You are my world.  I do it all for us. And I wanted you to know that.

I don't seek happiness.  I seek meaning.  Taking care of you and us is what gives my life meaning. I know life throws many things at us, collectively and individually, but I will be there you and for us, all the way, as long as you will have me.  I love you.  I love you Michelle for all that you are and all that you want to be. I look forward to growing old with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment