Saturday, July 14, 2018

Man's Best Friend

Goodbye my friend. I know why they call you “a man’s best friend.”
You were all that characterizes God himself.

Warm hearted, tender and forgiving -  Playful, gentle and boldly protective.
With one lick in the face I could forget all the ugliness of the day.
You lived in the moment. You experienced each day with the maximum zest for life.
And yet you reminded me to keep it simple.
You had adorableness without airs & lion-heartedness without cruelty.
You seemed to understand what I did not say.
Your love was genuine, never fake.
Without any words you were able to express your unconditional love.  I wish I was more like you.

I love how you would run to greet me when I came home.
I love how you would get back up after falling and just shake it off and forget it.
I love how you would sniff out opportunities and make your own fun.
I love how you would protect me when I was sleeping, like I was important.

Our time together seemed so short. Now I know. Now I know  how much God loves me. He showed me through you. Thank you, Lord, for showing me your love for me. I feel loved. I am loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment