Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Butterflys


Few would dispute the beauty of a butterfly. These fragile little creatures take flight on wings colored from the rainbow, delighting observers young and old. We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely notice or admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.

The butterfly is one of God's most gorgeous creatures, and its life cycle is much like our own. Its fragile beauty is deceiving, for it is much stronger than it appears, as are we.

It struggles for life and goes through many changes before becoming a creature of great beauty, as do we. From the egg, comes the ugly, hungry, charmless and hard working caterpillar. But at some time, the life in the form of the busy caterpillar is over, and it goes into a cocoon. It emerges, more beautiful, more amazing, more glorious than could ever be imagined, as do we.

There are many species, different and yet much alike, having the same needs and reaching for the same goals throughout life, as do we.

We have a butterfly garden, and each morning we are more and more amazed at the beauty of the butterfly, and each day that I go out and walk among the butterflies, I feel as if I am getting a glimpse of the glory to be revealed. I am amazed with their purity and innocence. No one has ever been harmed by a butterfly. I can sense their delight as they so elegantly dance among the blossoms; long forgotten is their caterpillar past.

Beautiful and graceful, varied and enchanting, small but approachable, butterflies lead you to the sunny side of life. And everyone deserves a little sunshine.

Standing among the butterflies, tends to cause me to dream; I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment