Sunday, September 23, 2007

Music


Music is one of my passions. I love the piano but after years of practice and never really getting it, I consented to just enjoying hearing others play it. I play the guitar...even though rarely anymore. And I listen … always. I love to listen to music!

My taste however is quite diverse. One of the best lines I heard regarding music, was "the more you love music, the more music you love." I enjoy classical music, but I also love hard-rock. I absolutely melt when I hear a great guitar riff! And most of all I listen to music “with a meaning” – even Christian music. I love to sing along and tell God in this way that I love Him. I grew up on church music. I love country music.

Some people it seems like music to act as a sort of wallpaper when they are busy or to dance to with friends.
When I listen to music it’s always because of the words or because the melody has a meaning to me.

That’s what music is all about, in my opinion. It moves your soul (wow, great words, but true). Music can touch you as nothing else can. It can make you happy, sad or reflective. It can bring back memories or give hope for the future.

Whether it’s classical, pop or country (whatever your taste) … music always touches something inside you.

That’s what music does to people. It’s from the heart, because that’s what it’s created for.

See you next time...Ric

No comments:

Post a Comment