Friday, June 13, 2008

Prayer


What comes to mind when you think about prayer?

Do you think of someone on his or her knees, eyes squeezed shut, lips moving and hands clasped tightly together? Do you think of the beautiful and carefully written prayers we hear at church on Sundays? Do you think of children kneeling by their beds with their mothers? Or maybe of the desperate prayers in the family room outside the Intensive Care Unit?

Regardless of the place or time, prayer changes the one praying because in prayer, you are in the presence of God as you lay before Him your complete self in confession and dependence. There is nothing to hide when we are reaching into the deepest part of ourselves and admitting our needs and failures. In so doing, our hearts are quieted and pride is stripped and we enjoy the presence of God. James 4:8 says, "Draw near to God and He will draw near to you."


I am reminded of another benefit of prayer: peace. "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus," (Phil. 4:6-7).

May you find time to pray. I urge you to pray everyday. I am putting in here my daily prayer. I use this prayer. I often add to the end any specific situations or people on my mind to pray for. I give it to you to use, if you will.




Let us pray to the One who holds us in the hollow of His hands.

Heavenly Father, Please help me pray. I pray with all love and faith and trust.


And what shall we pray? Let us say, "thank you."

I give Thee thanks Lord for all Thy mercies Lord, seen and unseen.

I give thanks for eternal life, for the heavenly joys of the Kingdom which awaits me.
Grant mercy to us who sing Thy praise, both now and in the time to come. Glory to Thee O God, from age to age.

Lord, I thank you for the privilege and gift of living in a world filled with beauty and excitement and variety. I thank you for the givt of loving and being loved, for the love, concern, encouragement, friendliness and understanding of the people in my life... for the purity and innocence in the children, for the beauty of the animals of the world, &
for the colors in nature around me and the sound of the water falling from the sky. Thank you for the life that is mine. I thank you for the delights of music and children, for other people's thoughts and conversation and for their books to read from to learn from and be enlightened and encouraged.

And what shall we pray? Let us say, "please forgive me."

Father, I am blessed because You are a forgiving God and an understanding God. You have done so much for me and You keep on blessing me. Forgive me this day for everything I have done, said or thought that was not pleasing to you. I ask now for Your forgiveness. Thank you for your forgiveness.
And Lord, direct my steps in the paths of righteousness.

And what shall we pray? Let us say, "Lord Bless Us."

Please keep me safe from all danger and harm and evil in the world. Help me to start this day with a new attitude and plenty of gratitude. Let me make the best of each and every day to clear my mind so that I can hear from You. Lord draw me closer to You. Reveal Thyself that I would find Eternal truth, Immortal love & The Christian way of life. Pleading, Lord, I come to Thee For all the things that I would know. But most of all, that I would know Thee.

I pray that I will always remember and trust there is no problem, circumstance, or situation greater than God. Every battle I turn over to you Lord, it is in Your hands for You to fight. I pray that these words be received into the hearts of every person who hears or reads this and may each person be blessed accordingly and have faith to release their battles to You willingly.

And what shall we pray? Let us say, "Lord fill me with your Holy Spirit."

Come Holy Spirit, fill my heart, Assist me in all the trials of life, enlighten me in my ignorance, advise me in my doubts, strengthen me in my weakness, help me in all my needs, Pour thy light into my heart, my soul, and my mind.

Father, I ask You to bless my family, friends, relatives and those that I care deeply for, and each and every person who has requested I pray on their behalf. Show them a new revelation of Your love and power. Holy Spirit, I ask You to minister to their spirit at this very moment. Where there is pain, give them Your peace and mercy. Where there is self- doubt, release a renewed confidence through Your grace. Where there is need, I ask you to fulfill their needs. Bless their homes and families, their goings and their comings. Lord, Bless them richly, each and every one.

This I pray, In Jesus' precious name.
Let all who agree, say Amen

God Bless….Ric

No comments:

Post a Comment